Italian Salmon Croquettes
Here's the story on this - I hated salmon croquettes when I was a kid. Even though I became a lover of that incredible fish as an adult, I still hated salmon croquettes for some reason. Then all of a sudden, my mother tweaks her usual recipe and comes up with this one. I couldn't believe how delicious! I simply could not stop eating them. They're even great cold, which is usually my benchmark for how tasty something truly is - if it is good right out of the fridge.
I'm tellin' ya...Wowza on this one.
* 1 can of pink salmon
* 1 tablespoon of green pepper (chopped)
* Handful of parsley (chopped)
* 1 medium to large potato (mashed)
* 2 tablespoons of pimento
* Salt to taste. Pepper to taste.
* Cayenne pepper to taste (a couple shakes)
* 1 small clove of garlic (chopped)
* 2 tablespoons of chopped onions
* 2 large eggs
* White flour
* Olive oil
* Italian breadcrumbs (optional)
Mix 1 egg and the rest of the ingredients very thoroughly.
Scramble the other egg in a separate dish, then dip the croquettes in the egg - then in flour.
Fry in olive oil until golden on both sides.
*Note: It's better if you mix about a half a handful of Italian breadcrumbs in with the flour.
Back to The Recipe Page